Thursday 2 August 2012

Celestial Cushions :)

I've been getting into sewing recently, both by hand and with my sewing machine, so I thought I'd post a few photos of my first completed project!  I'd forgotten quite how much I love my sewing machine and I'm very excited about future projects to come :)

I had some pretty celestial patterned fabric kicking around, so I thought I'd make a couple of 18" square cushions for my step-daughter :)  I found a fab tutorial on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZnHhbcN-Q) to give me some guidance and got stuck in!

I'm really pleased with how they turned out and how easy I actually found the whole process in the end, it was thoroughly enjoyable and I'm looking forward to starting my next project :)

Both Cushions Together
They're 18" square, with an overlap on the back for taking the
cushion pad in and out, for when the covers need washing :)

Cushion 1 - Front & Back
 

Cushion 2 - Front & Back

 

I'm also in the middle of sewing an owlie cushion by hand and have been taking photos of my progress, which I will hopefully upload at some point :)

2 comments:

  1. These are really awesome Shula :) well done and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I finished my owlie cushion tonight!! Been looking at fabric on ebay and planning my next project too :)

      Delete

Thanks very much for your comment, I really appreciate it :)