Thursday 16 February 2017

My Second Coco Dress :)

Woohoo, I'm loving feeling well enough to sew so much at the moment and made my second Coco dress this week! I'm feeling more confident in my sewing too, which is amazing :)

I made this one in black and purple ponte roma fabrics that I bought from Guthrie & Ghani last year (I love ordering from them, they're so friendly and helpful) and I went with the long-sleeved funnel neck version this time, using black for the body and purple for the sleeves/neck.

I made size 3 again, in case the heavier ponte roma would hang differently, but ended up taking it in half an inch each side again (so two inches overall), so will make sure I adjust my pattern for next time. I guess I just prefer a slightly closer fit than is intended :)

I was brave too haha and used my overlocker for the side seams!! I love how professional the finish is and it wasn't that scary after practising for a while first!

My only issue, yet again, was hemming! I just don't seem to be able to get the hang of it, but I guess it will come with practice and, as my husband pointed out, it looks fine from the outside and no one else is going to see inside!

I'm having a quiet day today, as I did overdo it a little yesterday, so I'm looking through my patterns and planning what to make next! I think probably an Agnes top, as I've had the pattern/material since last year. I'm very tempted by the two Named Clothing patterns I accidentally bought the other day though - Paola and Geneva - oops!! Couldn't resist their Valentines 20% off offer!! Watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment, I really appreciate it :)